Self-Care for Your Hair ~ Right at Home
How to Cleanse and Clarify Your Hair
- First, you wash your hair with the Hair Paste in your hair. It is for a Deep Cleansing of the scalp and hair because it removes residue and build up.
- Next add Aloe Vera to balance the pH of your hair.
- Then use the Hair Tonic as a Clarifying Rinse.
Both the paste and tonic can be done in the shower instead of your regular shampoo and conditioner. Before you get in the shower make your concoctions. Then, get your shower going and bring both of these remedies into the shower with you. Here's how:
- Mix 2 TBS of Baking Soda and 4 TBS of water in a little bowl.
- Add more water as needed.
To Apply Hair Paste:
- Wet your hair and start putting the baking soda paste into your roots.
- Slowly massage the paste into your scalp.
- Bring it all the way down to your roots.
- Keep working the paste into your hair allowing it to pull out an residue.
- Leave it in for a few minutes then rinse with hot water.
Next, add some fresh aloe to your hair to balance the PH from the baking soda.
Why Use Aloe in Your Hair?
With that being said, please, use shampoo and conditioner with Aloe Vera in them. After using the Baking Soda, you need to use the Aloe Vera because it balances the pH in your hair.
- Mix 2 cups of Apple Cider Vinegar and 5-10 drops of essential oils in a glass jar.
- I like to use essential oils like: Rosemary, Lavender, Cedarwood and Tea Tree because of their healing properties specifically for the hair.
- Next, take your Hair Tonic mixture and put 1/2 TBS of it with 1 cup of water into a plastic squirt bottle for today's use.
To Apply Hair Tonic:
- Take your squirt bottle of vinegar and oils and again starting at the roots squirt out the contents into your hair bringing it down to your ends.
- Let it sit for at least 5 minutes.
~ Your hair should feel much lighter and shinier. The combination of these two recipes rids residue and build up from hair products. Dry and style your hair as usual. ~
Hair Oil Treatment
For any hair type here is how to prepare a Hot Hair Oil Treatment:
- Warm Hibiscus Healing Herbal Hair Oil up in a double boiler.
- Pour the oil onto your hair from roots to tips gently massage your scalp.
- Wrap your hair in bun if possible on the top of your head and relax.
For thick hair (including locks): You can let it soak for as long as you want. 2-3 hours is ideal.
For super dry hair: You can let it soak over night by wrapping your hair in saran wrap or a towel you don't mind oiling.
To Purchase Hibiscus Healing Hair Oil:
Some other therapeutic additions to a hair treatment once a month are:
1. Fresh Aloe - This plant is amazing and better be in your shampoo and conditioner! Split open the fresh plant arms and gather the juice in a bowl or the palm of your hand. Again, slather it from roots to tips of hair. Let it sit for 20 minutes to 2 hours, then wash it out.
2. Honey - I like to add the honey to the avocado to make it more manageable.
3. Herbal Teas - Brew some medicinal plants in hot water and use as a hair rinse.
4. Fresh Avocado - Take a perfectly ripe avocado and slather it from roots to tips of hair. Let it sit for 20 minutes to 2 hours, then wash it out. Use avocado once a month.
A Memorable Hair Treatment in the Wild
I remember how amazing my hair felt after this wonderful herbal remedy worked its magic. Maybe we can't reenact this moment, but as you put Aloe Vera in your hair you can think of a tropical place!