Sinus Stress? Respiratory Trouble? Bronchitis? Even Pneumonia?
nothing seems to relieve it?
Have you had a cough that is deep and lingering?
Or even a cold that seems to be centered in your lungs?
Well, have you tried this trusty herbal remedy?
Sinus Steams with Essential Oils.
Receive relief from this treatment next time you are suffering with sinus or respiratory congestion!
Here's How to Make Your Own Sinus Steam at Home:
Here's a Short Video on How to Do a Sinus Steam:
~ Using Essential Oils and Steam to Get Relief ~
- Large Glass Bowl
- Large Towel
- Chair to Sit in Next to a Table
- Hot Water
- Essential Oils: Eucalyptus, Thyme, Basil, Oregano, Marjoram, Tea Tree, Cloves, Lavender, Rosemary, Cedarwood , and Peppermint (just a little) are some options. Thieves Blend is also a good one. It really depends on the condition. You can muscle test or do a little research to figure out how to pick the right essential oils to best alleviate your symptoms. I would stick to about three oils at a time. Only using one drop of each.
~ Get Prepared ~
2. Then pour it into the glass bowl. You want the water to be hot, but you don't want to burn yourself.
3. Place your hand on top of the bowl to test it's temperature.
4. Once you get the perfect heat, put your Essential Oils into the bowl. Add one drop of each oil.
~ How to Give Yourself Relief ~
6. Place the towel over your head to make a seal. You want the steam and Essential Oils to go up your nose and not escape.
7. Stay in your little tent and breath deeply for a few minutes. Then take a break.
8. Go back in and repeat the treatment breathing deeply for a few more minutes. You can do this for about 15 minutes.
9. Repeat this daily while conditions persist.
You can try mixing up the Essential Oils to see what works the best for your condition.
Use Caution with Hot Water and Volatile Essential Oils
Try it out and see if it works for your next sinus or respiratory condition.
My Natural Tips on Getting Rid of A Sinus Infection
In addition to Sinus Steams, I drink Silver Hydrosol, which is a colloidal silver hydrosol. Straight colloidal silver is a bit controversial, but I feel really safe using silver when it's diluted in water as it is in this product. It's a great anti-viral for the whole family, even babies and nursing moms. There is also a Silver Hydrosol Nasal Spray that you can squirt right up your nose! Check it out here: Silver Hydrosol Nasal Spray.
I also like the homeopathic remedy Allium Cepa for viral runny noses if that's part of the condition.