Have You Ever Wanted to Change a Behavior
but Didn't Know How?
Do Your Children Have a Rough Time
In this Post You Will Learn Why, How, and When to Take Flower Essences.
I will also make you your own blend to get you started!
What Are Flower Essences?
One of the original bringers of flower essences for the populace was Dr. Edward Bach from England. BACH flower essences are perhaps more popular, but there are now many makers of flower essences. One of my other favorites are THE PERELANDRA ESSENCES.
How Flower Essences Are Different from Herbal Tinctures or Herbal Oils
- An herbal tincture is any part of the plant is steeped in alcohol (or glycerin), strained, and then diluted with water.
- An herbal oil is any part of the plant infused in oil and uses heat to extract the medicinal properties of the plant (It's put in sunlight for 8 weeks or heated in a double boiler over the stove.)
These two are much stronger extractions of the plants' properties. Herbal tinctures even have contraindications and specific warnings if someone has certain conditions.
- Flower essences on the other hand are more gentle. They subtly shift the mind, emotions, or spirit to align with the body.
How to Take Flower Essences
Sometimes, you need to take flower essences for prolonged periods as a supportive tool during big transitions like grieving the loss of a loved one, deeply rooted anger, and the like; in these cases you take another round until you naturally don't need it anymore.
The third case could be that after you finish a blend, new things have come up, and you want to switch to a new blend.
*In all these cases it's best to have a practitioner figure out the blend you need.
When to Use Flower Essences on Yourself or with Children
They are safe for Pregnant Women. I always had a bottle of Rescue Remedy with me wherever I went. It was crucial to survive certain moments. You can even get special blends made for you during your pregnancy or birth.
I have found flower essences incredibly helpful for children! I make my son a new blend every couple months as he undergoes another big developmental shift. I remember when transitions were hard for him, I made him a blend that I gave him whenever he was about to be in a different situation. I had to be in a preventative mindset, but it always seemed to help him and before the bottle was even done, he had conquered it.
I made another when he hit 2 to help him listen to Mama better. We are still using this one! Whether you have children, are a nanny, or even an Auntie, it's great to offer this tool to children.
Ways to Take Flower Essences:
- There is the traditional method of putting flower essences in a glass tincture bottle with eye dropper. It's very easy to take this way.
- I make spray bottles, which are great to transform the energy in a room or even spray over children without them having to ingest it.
- I put it right in a water bottle and drink it throughout the day.
- I use it topically. This method I use more for babies. For example, some moms choose to put rescue remedy on the newborn baby's head right after birth to ease the transition in the world.
- There are also creams, gels, pastilles, and more offered these days.
Rescue Remedy to the Rescue!
Use Rescue Remedy when trauma, big or small, strikes. Simply take a few drops under the tongue. It eases emergencies. In our house, a big bump gets arnica gel applied topically, two drops of rescue remedy in the mouth, and a big hug. Tears are gone in moments;)
You can check out my blog post here on Herbal Remedies First Aid Kit.
Are You Ready to Try A Personalized Blend Today?
I offer a personalized flower essence blend. All you have to do is email me 3 - 5 words so I know what you are dealing with or what your goal is.
They can be negative words that describe how you are feeling that you want to transform; or they can be
positive words that share how it is you want to feel.
Then I will tune into these words, use applied kinesiology, and make a blend just for you.
Once you receive the blend, you take it 4 times a day or more if you need it. Over time, you will feel less of an urge to take it. This is a sign you are transforming and the flower essences are working.
It's very safe with no side effects. It's superb for little children, newborns, and pregnant and nursing mamas.